There are no workshops planned until 2012. If you have a group that is interested in rain water, grey water, earthen floors and counters, earthen plasters and finishing, sustainable energy systems or other, we could look at the prospect of providing your group with such. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Natural plaster - Course Full theory and practice. Plaster the new wood-frame chicken coop with mud. Learn about materials, substrate preparation, mixing, and application techniques. 6 people
- Cost: $50 (includes handout) (cookies and tea/coffee provided during morning theory session)
- Date: Saturday June 19th from 10am to 3pm
- Bring your lunch and a water bottle.
Grey water COURSE FULL – theory, policy and practice. Learn about the many systems utilized at Eco-Sense. Learn about the new improved “Worm Bin”. Assist in the installation of a branched drain grey water irrigation system to fruit and nut trees in the permaculture chicken garden. Bring lunch and a water bottle. Small group of 9.
- Cost: $70 (cookies and tea/coffee provided during morning theory session)
- Date: Saturday May 8th from 9:30am to 4:30pm
Earthen floors and Counters (and earthen showers). Course Full Make your very own small earthen counter top sample to take away. Booklet comes with the course. Theory and practice. 6-8 people.
- Cost: $70 (includes booklet and materials) (cookies and tea/coffee provided during morning theory session)
- Date: Saturday July 31st from 10-4pm
Living roof - Work party to help finish the upper living roof on the Eco-Sense home. Watch here for date. Bucket brigade to get the pumice up.